18. November 2013 12:10
There is something about tortilla chips that makes it a popular snack among people in Texas. Perhaps it is because of the crispness and crunchiness of the chips or the deeply satisfying taste. Whatever the reason, here are some amazing facts about the yummy crispy tortilla chips.
- History Facts: Originally derived from Mexican dish tostados, these wedge-shaped chips were first mass-produced in Los Angeles by Rebecca Webb Carranza in late 40’s. Later, her contribution to the food industry was honored by presenting her Golden Tortilla Award.
- Nutritional Facts: These chips contain a balanced amount of fiber, carbohydrates, fats and vitamins that are needed for the normal functioning of the body. When consumed in moderation, tortilla chips can be a great nutritious option.
- Corn chips and tortilla chips: Many people often confuse tortilla chips as corn chips. Both the chips might look similar but they are quite different from each other the way they are processed. Furthermore, tortilla chips are made from corn tortillas whereas whole corn is used to prepare corn chips.
- National tortilla chips day: After the tortilla chips became the favorite quick-grab snack of people across the country, their popularity was honored by recognizing February 24 as National Tortilla Chip Day. Many people in Texas celebrate this holiday of crunch by making their own tortilla chips at home.
Types of Tortilla Chips: Sweet tortilla chips and tri colored tortilla chips are two of its types that you are most likely to encounter at any convenience food store or concession stand.
- Sweet tortilla chips: If you require a break from the usual salty chips, sweet tortilla chips can be a great option to go with. With a great cinnamon flavor, these chips are certainly right for satisfying your sweet cravings.
- Tri-colored Tortilla chips: Give your taste buds a spicy and colorful treat with the combination of red, white and blue tortilla chips. Made from the rich flavors of corn, these tri-colored tortilla chips can be your meal ticket.
Of course, deliciousness of tortilla chips is incomplete without the cheese sauce and its tangy creamy kick. A few sauces that go perfectly with tortilla chips are cheese queso, nacho cheese sauce, salsa, yellow cheese sauce etc.
We, at Classic Foods offer corn-flavored and tri-colored tortilla chips to various food service sectors in Texas. Other convenience food products offered by us include chili, barbeque, taco meat, hotdogs, foot longs, soups and sauces, etc. For more information, call us at (817) 332- 1071.
4. November 2013 11:27
It is nearly impossible to imagine a celebration without hotdogs and tortilla chips. And, when it comes to finding a topping to complement their deliciousness, there is nothing better than a creamy dip of queso cheese. Filled with the goodness of cheddar cheese, green chilies and diced tomato, queso cheese promises the right texture and taste.
When it comes to the best queso cheese dip, there are many schools of thought. However, the most popular and loved dips in the category include:
- Queso fresco cheese dip: Queso fresco has earned the title of the most widely used Mexican cheese. This mild and milky cheese dip is prepared by heating the crumbled fresh cheese until it becomes creamy. Rich in Mexican flavors, queso fresco cheese dip is a perfect complement to a variety of dishes including hotdogs, salads, chips, beans, rice dishes etc.
- Queso blanco cheese dip: This dip stands as one of the most iconic Mexican dishes. When heated till melting point, the fresh and mild blanco cheese results in amazing salty and tangy creamy cheese flavors. Another way to savor the flavors of Blanco cheese is by frying it with salsa and serving it as a quick snack with chips and crackers. Serving it is as a side dish or an appetizer works well too.
- Chile con queso: Made with cheese, tomatoes, and chili peppers, this Tex-Mex cuisine is one of the party favorites. Sauté a pinch of pepper with onions and jalapenos until they are soft and then, add the milk and Mexican cheese. Serve this melted smooth cheese sauce with tortilla chips and give your guests a jaw dropping moment.
In addition, there are hundreds of cheese sauce and dips available that go well as toppings and side dishes. A few of the many such dips includes nacho cheese dip, white cheese dip, cheddar cheese dip, yellow cheese dip etc.
We, at Classic Foods have been in business for more than 20 years and are recognized for providing an assortment of healthy and high quality convenience food products to meet the needs of restaurants, convenience stores and several other food service sectors in Fort Worth, Texas. In addition to queso cheese, we offer chili, barbeque, hot dogs, chips, taco meat and several private label as well as customer formulation products to our customers.
14. October 2013 14:36
Sheriff Blaylock's Chili has been a popular dish with fans in ballparks and stadiums since two decades now. Hot dog chilis taste best with nachos as well as hot dogs. We, at Classic Foods, offer the traditional ready-to-use Texas chili in dispensing bags as well as pouches for our customers.
Not only this, you can also try our Sherrif Blaylock's Beef Chili or Old West Style Chili. You will get to savor the authentic Texas chili flavor and crunch in every bite. The best part is that all the chili come in ready-to-use frozen pouches.
Read on to know more about the Texas chili and what we have in store for you.
- Hot Dog Chili Sauce: This is a completely traditional chili sauce prepared with the finest ingredients. It is available in a dispensing pouch for easy use and storage.
- Old West Style Chili: An authentic and flavorsome western style chili that is loaded with beef. The seasonings are perfectly blended with large chunks of beef for an amazing taste.
- Hog Dog Chili: Available in an easy-to-use pouch, this hearty chili is prepared with the best ingredients. Pair it with hot dogs and nachos for an enhanced taste.
- Sheriff Blaylock's Beef Chili: A best-seller by Classic Foods, Sheriff Blaylock's Beef Chili contains a wonderful blend of aromatic spices. The selective cuts of beef and fragrant spices make it a delectable treat.
Apart from the above mentioned products, Classic Foods also offers different kinds of side items, chips, taco fillings and cheese sauces etc. We also have on our menu several food items that cater specifically to concession food stands. These include: Chili, hot dogs, cheese sauce and queso, chips, barbeque and other toppings.
Our Sheriff Blaylock Chili is the most popular product of all times. Even after 20 years of its launch, this beef chili is still being served at restaurants and entertainment parks across the country.
All our products can be easily used and stored and used later on according to your preference. Every food item is prepared and packed under the best of hygienic conditions so you do not have to worry about your health. We are committed towards delivering the highest quality products and optimum customer service
4. October 2013 14:28
Barbeque food products are a hot favorite among food-lovers across the globe. Meat roasted slowly over fire makes sure the juices are locked inside and the flavors remain intact. Perhaps this is one reason why it is loved by people everywhere. Go to a convenience food store and you are bound to find a lot of ready-to-eat barbeque meats. You can buy the frozen sauce
of your choice to go with it and relish the amazing taste right in your home.
With Classic Foods, you can savor the original barbeque flavors without having to do too much effort. We have some of the best dishes in our barbeque items. They are slow smoked for the authentic Texas taste. Read on to know about more details regarding the different products we offer:
- Beef hamburger sliders: You must try our mini beef patties that are perfect for making all types of sliders. This comes in very handy when you suddenly have guests at home or there is a kids’ birthday party. Just use these beef patties in burgers and you will definitely like the wonderful taste.
- Sherrif Blaylock’s BBQ Sauce: A good barbeque sauce is a must for relishing a barbeque dish. At Classic Foods, we offer the best Sherrif Blaylock’s BBQ sauce that is a perfect accompaniment for your barbeque. This sauce is prepared using a fresh tomato paste base, vinegar, molasses as well as chili pepper. This zesty sauce tastes wonderful and you will definitely enjoy the spicy kick it offers.
- Whole Smoked Beef Brisket: Selective cuts of brisket are rubbed with aromatic spices and smoked to perfection. The juices are intact in the brisket and this enhances the flavors even more. It is made specifically for Sheriff Blaylock's by Southside Market in Elgin, TX.
- Shredded Beef Brisket (Without sauce): You must also pamper your taste buds with our shredded beef brisket. The tenderly smoked and shredded brisket is loaded with the authentic flavors of delicious spices.
Barbecuing has been used as a method of cooking from a very long time. It is a very healthy way to cook meats as the excess fat drips off and you end up consuming meats with less fat. Also, the moisture gets sealed inside the food and it remains tender. Overall, you eat less calories and this promotes good health.
16. September 2013 11:01
Convenience food products rule the roost nowadays as they taste delicious and are very simple to prepare. Since there is so much paucity of time because of busy lifestyles, foodservice products come in very handy in such a scenario.
We, at Classic Foods have been providing sumptuous and easy-to-use convenience foods ever since 1992. Our company specializes in delicious soups, sauces and chili products. The wide variety of ready-to-eat products will tempt you into eating more.
Among an array of delectable food items, our company offers some very tasty side items as well. You can have these dishes along with your main food item and make it taste even more delicious. Take your pick from our yummy side dishes that include taco meat, frozen sauces, jalapenos etc.
Read on to know more about the side items offered by our company…
- Tacos are a much-loved food item that is tasty as well as nutritious. Try our delicious taco meat that is fully cooked so you do not have to make any effort. Just buy the taco meat and use it as a filling for the taco shells to savor it’s amazing taste. What makes the taco meat even more sumptuous is the mild spice blend of comino and garlic.
- Another tempting offer by Classic Foods is the Sherrif Blaylock’s barbeque sauce. Made from fresh tomato paste, this sauce also contains vinegar, molasses and chili pepper for added flavor. Use this sauce as a dip for any of your favorite barbeque items and they will surely taste even better.
- Jalapenos can enhance the flavor of any food item and keeping this in mind we have our special offering of sliced red and green jalapenos. The pickled jalapenos contain more than 50% of the green variety and are full of flavor. Just add them to any food item that you love and experience the appetizing tang.
- White pepper gravy is another excellent side dish that can be used as a dip too. This thick gravy is seasoned with a whole lot of black pepper and strikes just the right chord with food lovers. Give it a try and experience its awesome flavor.
- Last but not the least side item on our menu is the sausage cream gravy. It is a white creamy gravy made from flavorful pieces of pork sausage. The home style taste of this gravy will be loved by one and all. Serve it to your friends, family and guests and they will surely relish it.
4. September 2013 08:44
Convenience food is hugely popular these days owing to the huge number of benefits that it offers. Not only are these food items ready to eat within minutes but they also retain the nutritional content. We, at Classic Foods believe in providing top quality foodservice products to our esteemed customers.
Among an array of frozen sauces available for the convenience of our customers, the nacho cheese sauce is the bestseller. You get to relish premium cheese sauce and queso in the restaurant style taste and flavor. Moreover, the prices are so reasonable that you will not think twice before buying this dish from our store.
Read on to know more in detail about our queso and nacho cheese sauce products…
- Enjoy the delectable taste of our premium queso. It is loaded with great cheddar cheese flavor and contains diced tomatoes as well as green chilies. The spicy flavor of the queso will surely leave your taste buds asking for more.
- Our nacho cheese sauce comes in easy-to-use dispensing bags for the convenience of the customers. This is a ready-to-use cheese sauce prepared from a blend of cheddar cheese and jalapeno peppers. Once you try this sauce you will definitely fall in love with its taste and distinct tang. The nacho cheese sauce is available in convenient pouches as well. Take your pick according to what you prefer to use.
- The nacho cheese sauce is not only available in dispensing bags and pouches but we offer it to our customers in cans as well. Try the amazing blend of natural cheese flavors combined with cheddar cheese and jalapeno peppers for ultimate taste.
- You can also try our cheddar cheese sauce that comes packaged in cans. This is a ready-to-use cheese sauce made from a delicious combination of cheddar cheese and natural cheese flavors. This sauce is also available in dispensing pouches as well so that it is easy for our customers to use it.
- Not only nacho cheese sauce, Classic Foods has also in the offing a sumptuous yellow cheese sauce. This thick and creamy cheese sauce has a distinct flavor of cheddar cheese. You can combine it with macaroni pasta and everyone will simply love this side dish.
You must try all the above mentioned cheese toppings and relish them with nachos or hotdogs. They will surely enhance the flavors even more and make the food items tastier.
19. August 2013 12:26
Foodservice products offered at concession stands are an integral part of any sports and entertainment event. People love to have several delicious options for satiating their taste buds. The food products kept at such events should not only be tasty but also convenient for the people to eat.
Classic Foods has a wide variety of yummy food options when it comes to serving at sports and entertainment events. Read on to about the different foodservice products available:
- Texas Chili is a huge favorite among food lovers and everyone loves to consume the delectable flavors that come with this dish. If you are also planning to put up a food stand at a sports or entertainment event, just buy frozen chili and store it for as long as you want.
- The hot dog chili offered by Classic Foods makes a perfect combination with hot dogs and nachos. On the other hand, you can also go in for Sherrif Blaylock’s Beef Chili or Old West Style Chili for the best Texas chili flavor. As mentioned above, all the chili products are ready-to-use and can be stored very conveniently.
- Hot dogs are a sumptuous convenience food option that can be eaten without creating any mess. Classic Foods has in the offing optimum beef hot dogs that are prepared using Sherrif Blaylock’s amazing blend of seasonings. Take your pick from the different sizes according to your requirement. These hot dogs are prepared keeping in mind the needs of all the stadiums, ballparks and other events as well.
- Hot dogs and nachos taste even better with delicious cheese toppings and Classic Foods has some great variety in this category as well. There are a number of flavors to choose from; such as: premium queso, yellow cheese sauce, white cheese sauce, nacho cheese sauce or cheddar cheese sauce. They are packaged in easy-to-use dispensing pouches for easy usage and storage.
- Make delicious nachos to serve the people at an event using tortilla chips offered by Classic Foods. They are loaded with authentic corn flavor and can bear the weight of the heaviest of toppings. Tri-color tortilla chips by Classic Foods can be an added attraction at your event.
- Apart from the above mentioned foodservice products, you can even choose from the barbeque items offered. The slow smoked barbeque is full of authentic Texas flavors. Buy the smoked pulled pork for using on sandwiches and baked potatoes. You can also opt for whole smoked beef brisket or shredded beef brisket. Also, small beef burger patties can be used to make appetizing hamburgers for the visitors.
- Last but not the least; taco meat made with mild spices such as comino and garlic can be used to make the best tacos that everyone would just love to eat.
5. August 2013 14:08
Whether it is tortilla chips that you love to have or the evergreen hot dogs and burgers, nacho cheese sauce is a great way to improve the taste and overall appeal of any snack.
Available in multiple variants, nacho cheese sauce is one of the most commonly used ingredients in snacks and meals. A predominantly cheese-based taste makes it a favorite with kids and grown-ups alike.
Head to any grocery or convenience store or any Mexican restaurant in your area, and your nacho cheese sauce is readily available there. It is majorly used as a substitute to freshly shredded cheese. What adds to the taste factor of the sauce is the incorporation of a variety of spices and peppers into it.
Nacho cheese sauce goes really well with chips, sandwiches, burgers, and hot dogs, and is convenient to use as well. It comes in the form of small nacho cheese dip packages as well. All you need to do is readily add it to the meal of your choice.
Read on to know more about this wonderful food accompaniment.
- Instead of using cheese as such, it is always a better option to have a sauce that can be easily spread over nachos. This ensures great taste as the flavors spread evenly.
- Nacho cheese sauce can easily be stored in the form of a frozen sauce. This ensures prolonged retention, without any compromise on the quality or taste.
- You can be innovative when it comes to preparing home-made nacho cheese sauce. Add onions and tomatoes if you like to. Then, there is also an option of using spices such as cumin, peppers, and lots more. You can add jalapenos too.
- As far as the choice of cheese is concerned, you have lots of options to choose from. It could be any of the following: mozzarella, pepper jack, or fontina.
- Nachos give you the option of preparing a quick snack or a full-fledged meal. You can always have them as chips. Other than that, add beef and beans, or any other vegetables of your choice to it, and you can have a fulfilling meal.
- Nacho cheese sauce can be used as an add-on. It will enhance both the taste as well as look of the preparation.
15. July 2013 08:58
Hot dogs are one of the most popular convenience food items loved by people of all age groups. Keeping this in mind, Classic Foods has come up with all beef hot dogs to satiate the taste buds of hot dog lovers. Use Texas Chili and cheese sauce as an accompaniment with them and they will taste even better.
The all beef hot dogs have been made using Sheriff Blaylock’s authentic blend of seasonings. You have the option of choosing from different lengths and sizes. This yummy food is readily available at Classic Foods and can be eaten very conveniently.
The all beef hot dogs are majorly available in the following two categories:
- Footlong 12”: These 12 inch hot dogs are completely made from beef. As mentioned above, you can team this up with Sheriff Blaylock’s chili and cheese sauce for more amazing flavors. This convenience food is rich in taste and everyone will simply love it.
- All beef hot dogs 6”: Top these yummy all beef hot dogs with mustard, chili, cheese or onions. You can use any toppings of your choice and enhance the taste of these hot dogs. Go through the website of Classic Foods to check out details of this delicious food item and buy according to your preference.
Other than the above mentioned toppings, you can use many other things to add more flavor to your all beef hot dogs. Go in for sport peppers, dill pickles, celery salt or even bright green relish. It is up to you to decide what tastes best. The Texas hot dogs are generally spicy and therefore chili is the best combination with them.
Beef is full of nutrition and contains a high amount of protein. It is one of the best sources of protein for people who consume non-vegetarian food. Not only this, beef also contains other nutrients such as iron, zinc and B-Vitamins. Also, it helps in lowering your risk of getting a heart disease. Therefore, consuming all beef hot dogs can benefit you in a number of ways.
So next time you want to tempt your taste buds, just buy all beef hot dogs by Classic Foods. All their food items in the convenience food category are completely fresh and very easy to eat.
4. July 2013 08:58
Finger food items are the perfect option when you have get-togethers at your home. These food items are not messy to prepare and can be served easily. You can prepare finger foods within a matter of minutes and serve them to your guests.
We, at Classic Foods are a renowned convenience food manufacturer in Texas offering a range of finger food options to cater to your guests' tastes. Let’s have a look at some delicious finger food ideas and various options offered by us:
- Tortilla chips are a sumptuous finger food item. We offer tri-color tortilla chips that are great to serve with nachos or any queso dip.
- Another great idea would be to have chicken fingers served with celery and blue cheese dip. You can even serve your guests meatballs pierced with toothpicks. They are very easy to pick and taste good too.
- You can also satiate the taste buds of your guests by opting for vegetable, fruit or cheese trays. Again, it will be great if you can serve some relishing dip along with them. Go in for any of our delicious cheese sauces. They will make your finger food items tastier.
- One more addition to the ideas for finger foods could be mini chicken burgers. You can easily buy the frozen chicken patties from local convenience stores and you will not have to do much of an effort. Soft potato rolls or toasted pita will be a perfect combination as they can be picked up and consumed quite easily.
- Sandwiches are an all-time great option that can be served as finger foods. Cut the bread into small slices so that it is easy to pick up the sandwiches. Do away with edges and for the sandwich; you can use lettuce, ham, cheese or any other fresh vegetable of your choice. A good accompaniment would be a tasty cheese dip and your guests will definitely be bowled over.
- Hot dogs are a relishing finger food option that is loved by people of all ages. We have on our menu ‘all-beef’ and ‘all-meat’ hot dogs for the food-lovers. You can serve them with the special chili and cheese sauce.
- When it comes to finger foods, you cannot leave tacos behind. This utterly flavorsome Mexican convenience food is now famous all over. Our delicious taco meat is readily available at your nearest convenience stores. Comino and garlic have been used to season this utterly delicious taco meat. Just put this meat in the tacos and your guests will surely appreciate this finger food!